Testing MadChess 1.3

I am testing MadChess 1.3 at rapid time controls (15 min / game + 10 sec / move). You can follow the games on the Live Games page.

I’m running four instances of the Shredder GUI. I wrote a script to transfer tournament standings and games to this website, using the Windows FTP command line utility. I registered a task in the Windows Task Scheduler to run the script every five minutes.

Earlier I tested MadChess 1.3 at faster time controls and got these results:

  • Bullet ( 2 min / game +  1 sec / move): 2153 +/- 22 ELO
  • Blitz  ( 5 min / game +  3 sec / move): 2234 +/- 22 ELO
  • Rapid  (15 min / game + 10 sec / move): 2313 +/- 26 ELO

Update May 25: I stopped the match at 500 games. These tests indicate MadChess’ strength increases (relative to the same opponents) as the time control increases.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *